Attendees must behave respectfully towards attendees as well as GEEK-IT! staff and venue representatives. Attendees acting disrespectfully or disruptively on the site of the convention may be expelled from the convention by venue security.
Physical violence against staff or venue personnel will not be tolerated and will result in immediate expulsion and permanent ban from the event.
Any activities deemed to be nuisances to GEEK-IT! or the venue, including but not limited to excessive noise or behaviour considered generally disruptive, violent, or dangerous to self or others, will result in expulsion from the event by venue security and may result in further civil and criminal liability.
The following behaviours are considered unacceptable without prior consent of the recipient: hugging, glomping, back-slapping, kissing or other unwanted physical contact. This also includes unwanted advances or other similar forms of behaviour considered to be harassment.
Attendees found without their badges inside the convention will be escorted off site.
Participants who have lost their badge must report the loss as soon as possible to the registration booth. If a lost badge is found, attendees can return the badge at registration. If your lost badge is recovered, you may pick it up at the registration desk upon presentation of photo ID.
The sale or solicitation of any type of goods or services inside the convention without prior permission from GEEK-IT staff is strictly prohibited. This rule applies universally to all guests, dealers, and attendees.
GEEK-IT! Convention is located inside the CEPSUM, University of Montreal. It’s a public space and is subject to general public safety laws and regulations:
- All exits, stairways, escalators and corridors must be kept open and free to circulation at all times; GEEK-IT! or venue staff will request that anyone blocking free circulation move or otherwise disperse.
- No live animals (except those with a specific legal status such as guide dogs) are allowed on site.
- It is forbidden to touch GEEK-IT! Technical equipment.
- It is forbidden to touch, stick things on, write on or otherwise tamper with GEEK-IT! signage.
- Vandalism inside the convention center is strictly prohibited and may resolve in immediate expulsion.
- If you have special requirements please contact a GEEK-IT! Staff at the information booth.
- The use of any type of roller blades, roller skates, skateboards, hoverboards or any other similar accessory in the venue is forbidden.
Drones are not permitted to be used at the convention center.
Cosplay and Dress Code
Cosplay is highly encouraged, but some restrictions apply:
- Footwear is required, we will not let you inside barefoot.
- Any attendees with cosplay/outfit/costume/props deemed to be offensive, inappropriate or indecently revealing may be asked to change into other clothing or escorted off site.
- All large props or any props resembling a weapon (including guns, swords, spears, whips, bows, etc.) must pass through weapons check and be verified by Weapons Master to ensure they are safe.
Photography and Video
Please always ask for permission before photographing or video recording anyone.
- It is forbidden to take pictures of the students or staff of that establishment without their consent.
- Photography of merchandise in the Dealers’ Area is prohibited.
- GEEK-IT! reserves the right to prohibit photography and/or videotaping of any event or area.
- Convention staff may review and/or demand deletion of any unauthorized photographs or video recordings.
Alcohol, Drugs and Smoking
GEEK-IT! is a drug and smoking-free event, and the venue is a smoke-free establishment. While we do not restrict what people do outside of the convention area, any person found intoxicated inside will be asked to leave.
GEEK-IT! Will have an inside bar serve occasional alcoholic beverages with the showing of a valid ID.
NOTE: The use of electronic cigarettes (“vaping”) is restricted in the same way as regular cigarettes and may not be used on site.
Food and Drinks
Bringing your own beverages and food is permitted. Please take note that there will be food kiosk also at the venue.
Attendees are also expected to take proper measures to maintain a clean environment and dispose of any garbage properly. Attendees who damages the convention center with garbage may be expelled from the convention.
Please note that in some sections of the venue, you will not be able to bring food or drinks.
- Computer zone(freeplay)
- Tournament Zone(no visitors allowed)
Bags & Coat Check
A bag and coat check will be available for all the attendees.
By attending GEEK-IT!, you grant permission to GEEK-IT! to publish, electronically or in print, your name and photograph, as well as the name and logo of your company, group or other organization (e.g. cosplay circle, team, club, etc.) for the purpose of promotion, documentation and/or record-keeping.
Any damage or loss suffered at GEEK-IT caused by attendee will be held accountable by the attendee in question.
A minor under the age of 13 may only attend if accompanied at all times by an adult at GEEK-IT! Montréal 2019. Falsification of age and/or failure to follow all age requirements is ground for immediate removal from GEEK-IT!
No refunds or credits will be issued.
Visa/MasterCard /America Express will be the only forms of payment accepted during Online Registration.
All package sales are non-refundable, including all cancellations.
General Admissions Policies
All areas of GEEK-IT! are open to all attendees and seating is available on a first come first served basis only with minor exceptions set by GEEK-IT! Staff such as disability seats.
Downloading & sharing of pirated work is illegal and not allowed.
Checkout all rules and regulations regarding weapon and cosplay props here.